Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...

The Fishers Topics article from March 2, 2006 was enlightening. The fund-raising chairwoman (of the gUO - geist Untied Operation sic group) "declined to provide a total amount" of money collected by the opposition group. Was this an effort to not tip their hand or a reluctance to admit that they are woefully short of the amount of money needed?

The article also states that "each of the approximately(?) 27 neighborhoods in the area have a neighborhood coordinator". Unfortunately the list posted on the atgeist.joke web site (btw, operated by a MARION county resident not affected by the annexation"Hmmm how can I use this to get higher hit counts on my web site?) only lists 9. Not exactly a groundswell.

Speaking of this web site there are posts concerning the young man interviewed by the TV news after the meeting who spoke in favor of the annexation, trying to assertain his identity. A follow-up post by a gentleman stated that he was "researching that one Fishers/Geist resident" and that he couldn't verify the young man as a "resident of Fall Creek township". It is interesting that when I did some researching on the identity of the guy doing the "researching" it turns out that he is an employee of the Hamilton County Surveyors Office (Hey! Isn't that the county department that signed off on the Faultless property annexation?). It's no wonder that people are afraid to come forward with their support for the annexation when their comments are censored by the alleged community web site and people are being researched by a department of the county government after giving their opinion. And how much county employee time (tax dollars) is being spent on this little "researching" project?

5 comments:

Mike Kole said...

Bob Thompson, the Hamilton County Surveyor's Office employee cited here lives in the proposed annexation, and is a Republican candidate for office in Fall Creek Township

Mike Kole said...

Update: GUO reported today (3-16-06) that it has hit the $60,000 mark in fundraising.

I'd say they are well on their way to meeting their goals.

J.Q.F.R. said...

Well that is impressive. However, at $200/household it's only 14% of the proposed annexation area. At $100 only 28%.

I guess it's good for them that the hearing date has been pushed out indefinately.

I'd still like someone to answer the question of what happens to the money contributed by areas failing to get their 65% remonstrance. Must be nice to be able to flush (or in some cases drop down the outhouse hole) $100 dollar bills.

Mike Kole said...

Of course, had Fishers not proposed this forced annexation, none of the Geist residents would have been thinking to allocate their resources this way.

In other news, I learned today that an auto dealer is putting up a car as a hole-in-one prize for the GUO golf fundraiser. I hope I don't seem like a piker for only sponsoring a hole!

Mike Kole said...

"JQFR"- I have just been informed that someone sent an anonymous email to a newspaper indicating that, among other things, I was fired from the Hamilton County Surveyor's Office for ghost employment.

That is patently false. I left the Surveyor's Office on my own terms, to start my own business. In fact, I left on very good terms with County Surveyor Kent Ward, stretching the customary 2-week notice period into an 8-week notice so that he could find a suitable replacement for me there. I was never the recipient of any disciplanry action there, much less fired.

I also noticed that there is a hit on your spyware from the Indy Star's mainframe.

Let me say that if a false rumor is circulated about me, and it defames my character, I will sue those people who spread such a rumor and directed the press to it.

If you know anything about someone spreading this false allegation to the press, I would advise you strongly to take steps to undo it, or advise that person to undo it.

Anyone can take issue with my positions. That's politics. But circulating falsehoods to the media is cause for me to retain the services of my attorney.