Friday, December 21, 2007

Poll Results

Thanks to everyone who voted in the polls regarding geist annexation/incorporation. I'll be putting up a new one soon. The results are in:

Unincorporated geist residents were asked to choose from these outcomes (33 responses):

Fight any incorporation attempt (my intent was to mean incorporation by Fishers OR forming the new towns, I didn't word it very well) 18%

Form the new towns 24%

Allow annexation by Fishers 51%

Just go along with the majority (of all unincorporated residents, again not worded too well) 7%

Fishers residents were asked to choose from these (48 responses):

Annex geist 45%

Leave geist alone 20%

Agree with whatever the Town Council wants to do 17%

Let geist decide for themselves 18%

OK, since this was my first attempt at a poll I obviously didn't word the choices very well. Not to mention the fact that these kinds of polls are the LEAST scientific possible. Another thing I did not consider is that every person is actually allowed to vote in both polls but assuming everyone voted the opposite direction in each poll the percentages would remain correct. Still it was kinda fun.

I noticed that soon after I put it up, the atgeistatfishersgeistgaydio.crap.birdcagefloor guy followed suit with his own poll. Since it's almost January, I expect I'll be receiving my DECEMBER issue of his propaganda-laden newsletter. My parakeet can hardly wait.

No comments: