Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Back In The Saddle

So much has happened since February. With the Appellate Court finding in favor of the City of Carmel in the Home Place case today I figured it probably is about time for the geist case to start gaining traction again.

While it is true that I have focused on the geist case here since the begining, I want to make it clear that I have always advocated the annexation of ALL unincorporated areas contiguous to Fishers. Once the geist case is decided, regardless of the outcome, I will be admonishing our Town council to begin to fill in the other "swiss cheese holes" they used as the basis for the geist annexation two years ago.

So, feel free to leave a comment on your favorite topic of discussion. Some of my favorites?,

  1. The E & W geist fiscal plans
  2. The chances for a successful remonstrance
  3. gUO now says it needs "several hundred thousand dollars" to fight the annexation (and I thought that they had saved a bundle using legalzoom.com to do their fiscal plan).

Those or any other subject related to annexation are fair game. I may start new threads if any of the subject comments become voluminous.

Remember that, for ease of use, I DO allow anonymous postings. All comments however must survive moderation by the blog authors. Have Fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People need to understand The cost not to be annexed is far greater than if we get annexed. I sent my check in only to find so did a "friend" down the road at canal place. My check 1000.00 his check 1000.00 for a house 5 times my size. He then proceeds to tell me that we should all put in the same amount "so were all equal". BULLcrap - his house is worth 5 times my amount he should have put in 5 times what I did.
I think it's time for an audit of the GUO's records. Let's see who's really paying or just getting their neighbors riled.

Indy said...

The GUO has sound fiscal plan, they are going to let the roads deteriorate to dirt paths and not worry about snow removal. That will save them a lot of money. Pay for real fire protection? Why would they need to do that when they can just throw some pumps in Geist and use their garden hoses, just think of the response time.

Anonymous said...

The Fishers lawsuit is long overdue. Go Fishers, go!

Throughout the duration of this dispute, I have not felt a strong opinion one way or another about the proposed annexation, though very aware of the pros and cons of being annexed by Fishers. It wasn't until the self-appointed vigilante group stood up and proclaimed a move to incorporate not one, but two towns to avoid the measure that I became a staunch supporter of Fishers.
I saw someone once make a comment that wealth and intelligence do not necessarily go together. That statement could not be more true in this case. What do you suppose happens when the ink dries and we're forced to live daily life in our new "towns"? Are the members of the vigilante group going to personally shell out the expenses to run the towns? Of course not! Plain and simple - there is no room left in either of the Geist target areas for the development of any additional significant commercial business necessary to offset residential tax burdens in funding a town government - let alone starting one up in the first place. These people are so worried about a 16% tax increase...just wait. Reality will be quite similar to what happens when the tax bill comes in on a newly constructed house a couple of years later...catastrophic at the least. The only way to avoid that happening would be to make Fall Creek a toll road, and I don't see THAT happening.

So come on Fishers - keep going strong.

Anonymous said...

Since GUO filed to become E/W Geist, what happened to the area north of Geist that includes Geist Bay Estates? Has that area contributed to GUO? How is GUO helping them?